Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

a lot of times i look at my life and i wonder how it got to be where it is at. it has not turned out the way i thought it would, or did it? i always knew i wanted children, i am not sure why i wanted them, i guess i thought that is what grown-ups did. they go to college, get married, buy a house, and have kids. that is what you do. i didn't realize you had a choice. i am not a "kid person", i know that sounds odd coming from a mom of three, but i don't like children in large quantities. don't get me wrong, i fell in love with my kids the day the pee stick told me i was with child, and i love all my friends' offspring, i just don't understand them. the problem is i remember being a kid, i remember my imagination, i remember my mind as a child, and i also remember knowing i was going to loose it all. how can i know and not know all at the same time? maybe i am jealous of children, who knows. anyways....that was a ramble. it is mother's day, and i am truly blessed. i would never change my life, i have three beautiful, smart, healthy, bright and incredible girls. i would and do everything i can to make sure they stay smiling. without them i would not be a mom, without them i would not get up in the morning, without them i would not be complete. even though my life is different than imagined, it is completely what i imagined. i'm talking crazy, huh? well, i hope all you moms out there had a wonderful day filled with love made from colored construction paper and glue stick. i know i did, and do...every day of my wonderfully wonderful life.






1 comment:

Pétra said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! The girls are getting so big :)